AR \ EVENT
Augmented reality (AR) - allows to combine created graphics objects and objective reality.
The basic technology is the optical tracking system.
What are its components:
• Labels - special images of visual identifiers (QR codes, objects, etc.)
• Camera that «sees» marks in the real world and sends a signal to the computer
• Software, which processes the received signal and crosses virtual models with a reality image.
By type of reporting:
• The visual source of information for the user is the image;
• Audio - give the user information in the form of a sound. An example of an BOSE headphone.
• Audio-visual systems that connect the two previous types to each other.
Break down the AR theme by focusing on the main forms applicable to the events:
A tracking device is mounted on the camera, which determines the position of «tags» in the space of the site and reads the data from the optics of the camera. The collected information is then sent to the server, where in the real-time mode of the graphics is formed taking into account the input is superimposed on the real picture from the camera, which is broadcast.
In order for the AR effect to truly impress, it is necessary to capture at least three points so that on the screen 3D object augmented reality can be shown in dynamics and from many angles. It is possible to adjust the illumination of an AR object for real space, taking into account the environment and the operation of light equipment.
• Smartphone app
Usually for an event, an own application is created, with the desired user functionality and interface. The application allows the device to play AR content.
Distinguishing such approach from translation:
- The components of the AR system are in one device. But, such a bonus makes it easier to work the visual material for the AR with memory characteristics, and iron gadget.
- The Appstore and Google time frame.
You have to remember that in the design. The world is not standing still, the cameras of the newest smartphones are already able to display AR objects without unnecessary applications. But the presence of such devices is not universal.
- The position of each device on the distance and perspective from the label should be known by the application to correctly display the AR if the seating position of the guests is for example 360.
Interest in AR continues to grow. Of the latter, integration with artificial intelligence allows the camera to "understand" the environment and meaningfully create digital content. Combined with equipment becoming more powerful and lighter, the coming years will be revolutionary for the development of augmented reality.